Craving new wheels? Try Quikr NXT

Source: www.indiblogger.in
This month, my dad managed to find a buyer for my sister's old bicycle through Quikr. He told me how he didn't have to give our his contact details and talk to prospective buyers on the phone. I asked him how that was possible and he told me about Quikr NXT, a feature that allows you to chat with buyers and sellers via the website itself! So only when you've clinched the deal do you have to share actual contact details.

I remember this one time when I posted an ad to sell a book. Seconds after the advertisement went live, I got a random message from a creepy guy I didn't know. I then realised the pitfalls of sharing one's personal details even for the purpose of trade. Back then, I had intimated Quikr about the same and advised them to introduce a platform wherein people could communicate through the website itself. I didn't get a response that time but I think, they were already working on this model because within a month or two, they had launched Quikr NXT.

Source: www.indiblogger.in
Let's walk you through Quikr NXT using an example of a car. Many of us would not want to shell out several lakhs of rupees for a brand new car, especially when you have the option of buying barely used cars at a much lower price online. So, let's log on to Quikr and look for a car that fits our budget. I'm going to earmark 2 lakh rupees for this purpose; double the price of a Nano. The first thing that you have to do is register yourself on the website. Once you do that, you can see a tab called 'My chats' on the dashboard. When I open mine, I see the messages that I sent to dealers of memory cards, hard disks, headphones and portable chargers as I had purchased a few of those items last year. That worked out pretty well, btw.

Now let's go through the listings in the cars section and shortlist a few, based on filters like price, used/new, car models and brands, etc. Earlier, when I sent a message to a seller, it would be a static affair and I'd have to wait for hours or days at times for the seller to check his inbox and respond. But now with Quikr NXT, a chat window pops up when I send a message and if the seller is online, he can respond at once. This is communicating in real time! With this feature, one can clinch a deal in mere minutes. I don't think car buying has ever been this easy or quick. What's more, if you have the app installed, you'll get a notification instantaneously, making the process even smoother.

Personally, my heart is set on this i10 for 2 lakh rupees. It was purchased in 2010 and the seller claims that it is in excellent condition. I decide to ping him and ask him if it has any dents or scratches and voila, he replies within minutes! I've also messaged another seller with a Maruti Wagon R for the same price. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have my new wheels on its way by Monday. Are you going to get cracking as well or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment